2009年10月19日月曜日

2nd week -White Fang-

Title: White Fang

Author: Jack London

Publisher (level): Penguin Readers (2)

Summary:
White Fang is a wolf born in near the Mackenzie River. He had four brothers and parents but his father and brothers died because of hunger.
One day his mother caught an animal and they ate it. After that, White Fang went out everyday and killed for food. Then he was taken to the world of men. The first owner was Gray Beaver, who is an Indian. There were some dogs in his camp and White Fang fought them. So he was always hated. When Gray Beaver took him a trip, he fought many dogs. He was so strong that he often killed them. Then a man wanted White Fang and he bought him from Gray Beaver. His name was Beauty Smith.
He called White Fang “The killer dog” and showed him to people for money. One day White Fang forced fight against a big dog and badly wounded. So another man bought him. The man’s name was Weedon Scott.
Since White Fang experienced fighting and killing, he knew only them. But thanks to Scott’s effort, he began to know the love. It was Scott whom White Fang trusted. One day he moved to California and began to live with Scott’s family and their pets. There were a lot of rules he didn’t know: for example, “he couldn’t eat foods in the stores” and “he couldn’t fight other animals”. But he learned them quickly. He knew the love and lived being loved by his families. (245 words)

Evaluation: 4 stars
I assure that this book is easy but I couldn’t understand who “he” is without careful reading.
I felt easy because White Fang knew the love. We can’t feel happy without the love from someone. I owe my happiness to my parents, friends, teachers and someone who gave me the love.I know that using “Indian” is inappropriate and I should use “Native American” but I adopted this book. (69 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿